cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProLiant ML150 G5 with SmartStart Boot CD

Edgard Hersen
Occasional Visitor

ProLiant ML150 G5 with SmartStart Boot CD

Hi, I will install Windows Server 2003 R2 in ProLiant ML150 G5 but when I am booting from SSCD 8 this show a message that not support for this server.

I need Install WIndows Server 2003 R2 in Proliant ML150 G5 with the SSCD. What version I need to download? How do I do for Install Windows Server 2003 R2 in a server that not have a Floppy?

regards,
6 REPLIES
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: ProLiant ML150 G5 with SmartStart Boot CD

hi Edgard

100 Series Servers do not use SSCD it0s supported.

I don't which controller your server has but you have to include your driver with your windows

if you have a e200 - p400 you can try Windows 2003 normally to test if windows has an generic driver for those controllers

if not you must use an application called nlite

http://www.nliteos.com/nlite.html

you can use it to create a new windows image CD that will include the driver you need not needing floppy

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Edgard Hersen
Occasional Visitor

Hi, I have a USB Floppy. I created a floppy driver with the SSCD but when I begin the installation of the Windows Server 2003 with F6 option and I select the correct driver, it show me a error message "not find the disks". How will I install Windows Server 2003?, I like install trough SSCD but is not posible.

Regards,
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

As I said SSCD isn not possible

have you searched about nlite...? nlite is the way to go you download the driver you need and add that driver into a new Windows image that nlite will create for you adding the driver your need

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Edgard Hersen
Occasional Visitor

Hi, I download "HP Embedded SATA RAID Controller", I create a boot floppy disk with SSCD 8, I create a custom Windows Server 2003 with nLite and nothing works. The problem is the drives but a don't know where download it.

Please Help me.
Víctor Cespón
Honored Contributor

You can install with SATA RAID disabled, this does not need an extra driver. Then install the SATA RAID controller driver and reboot. Then enable SATA RAID and create a RAID, choose source and mirror disks correctly, ignore warning about potential data loss.
It has been done this way on many DL1xx servers with integrated SATA RAID controllers.
Edgard Hersen
Occasional Visitor

Thank you vcespon. I tried your "POST" but "Windows Server 2003" restarts in the logo screen. I think that the problem is the drivers.

regard,