ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751972 Members
4692 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ProLiant ML150 unresponsive

Mike McKillips

ProLiant ML150 unresponsive

I have a Proliant ML150 with Win2K3 SP2 running MS Terminal Server. The server becomes unresponsive to any TS connections as well as the console. Server appears to be on, green power light is lit, but no activity. I have to power the box off completely to get it back up and running again. There are no entries in the logs to indicate what might be occurring. Any ideas on this would be helpful. Box has 4GB memory, 2 Xeon CPU's and 2 mirrored sets of drives.
2 REPLIES 2
Adam White_4
Advisor

Re: ProLiant ML150 unresponsive

I have a similar sounding problem with a Proliant DL380 G3 (2x 3 GHZ Xeons with HT) running Windows 2003 SP1 and SQL Server 2000 SP3a (with PSP 7.6). From time to time the server becomes unresponsive. I can ping it but not connect to any services, eg Remote Desktop or SQL Server. Checking the physical console shows a blank screen with mouse-pointer - no Ctrl-Alt-Del prompt and does not respond to any keyboard input. The only way to restore server availability is to power it off and back on.

I have deleted the C: drive disk and rebuilt the server from scratch, but the problem still occurs (it's been OK for the last 7 days or so now).

I also have another DL380 G3 (with PSP 7.8)that did the same thing - once - since it was rebuilt as a Windows 2003 SP1 server.

Cheers

Adam
Sergio Fiumara

Re: ProLiant ML150 unresponsive

I am having exact same issue you with our Proliant ML150 G3 server. Please Help?