108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant ML310 G3 won't boot after changing CMOS battery

SOLVED
Go to solution
peterseventy
Occasional Contributor

ProLiant ML310 G3 won't boot after changing CMOS battery

ProLiant ML310 G3 1TB Windows storage server R2 Wrk x32. Clock was delivering random dates and times. I replaced the CR2032 battery but on restarting: "The server you are running cannot run hp ProLiant NAS software properly. You may be in violation of your license agreement..." Then blue screen and memory dump.

Tried to reboot from HP System Installation and Recovery CD ver 6.0.1 supplied with the server but it reports that my system does not appear to be a ProLiant storage server, the only option being 'exit and reboot'. HP knowledge base confirms that the System Installation and Recovery CD won't work with ML310 and others.

Desparate for help so far unavailable from HP.

4 REPLIES 4
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

Please enter the serial and product number and the issue should be fixed.

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
peterseventy
Occasional Contributor

S/No GXXXXXXXXX, PID AE405A

Can't find Kudos yet, but thanks anyway.

(P.S. Hello, Serial Number has been edited for Security Reasons, as the Serial number is Private and Confidential and should not be disclosed, Forum Moderator.)

PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

Is Your issue solved now? You should enter the both numbers in RBSU of the server. The server has lost most probably the product number after the replacement of the battery.

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
peterseventy
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Many many thanks, the server is running in good order now. Just as you said, it forgot its S/No and Product ID when I changed the CMOS battery. You do a better thing for users than the official HP channels.