7646 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant ML330 formatting/partitioning problems

SOLVED
Go to solution
Boudewijn_1

ProLiant ML330 formatting/partitioning problems

Hi all. I have a problem with my proliant ML330 server. It has Windows 2000 Server with, i think service pack 1 & 2 on it.

When i wanted to format the harddisks (one is SCSI, other is integrated according to the BIOS) and then remove the 2 partitions on disk 1 and the only partition on disk 2, i bounced up against a problem;
It refused to remove the second partition on disk 1. It said that i had to remove the logical partitions first, but there any logical pratitions according to the menu that gives you that information.

Disk 1 info.
Partition 1 was a PRI DOS (primary DOS partition and the active one). Drive letter is C:. The drive is formatted.

Partition 2 was a EXT DOS partition. And the drive letter is somehow 'gone', after formatting.

Formatting and removing the partition on disk 2 was no problem.

Can anyone help me out.

PS. Don't write down any difficult english, since I'm dutch and my English isn't verry well.
2 REPLIES 2
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello,
If you want to wipe everything from your system then the best way would be to boot the system with Smart Start CD and run system erase. Just make sure that you have backup of your data because this wipes out everything. You can also use the system erase disk which can be downloaded from the following link:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/17918.html

Regards,
Boudewijn_1

thanks for that. i won't backup th system since i want to use the serve for a whole new purpose.

thanks again.

greetings,

Boudewijn