108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ProLiant ML350 G3 - Scsi controller error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Lexx_1
Occasional Contributor

ProLiant ML350 G3 - Scsi controller error

I have a Proliant ML350 G3 server, 3 years old, and two scsi hot swapable HDDs,64-bit/66MHz Dual Channel Wide Ultra3 SCSI Adapter
, SBS 2003. I have recently started to receive the follwing msg in the event viewer: "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1."
this is deteriorating day by day. downloaded the latest scsi driver and installed it but it does not show it in this device manager.I find it difficult to accept that either the scsi controller or the HDDs are failing. any suggestion is much appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
NMory
Respected Contributor

Re: ProLiant ML350 G3 - Scsi controller error

Why you say that you find difficult that the Hard Drive could be failing. HDs fail a lot.
I recommend you to do a backup of all your info, and run some tests in your HDs.

With Windows Diagnostics or the Smart Start CD (don't remember if you can run tests if you don't have a smart array card)

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/69_4678.html#72

LN
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor
Solution

Do you have the source of the error available? Is the source adpu160m.sys? Or is it something like cpqcissm.sys? Are you getting any other errors?

This should be an event id 11. It might sometimes be caused by a driver problem, but is normally caused by a piece of hardware which is failing (usually drive or possibly cabling). The drive is usually the cause of this since it's really the only thing in the scsi chain which has moving parts.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Lexx_1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for replying everyone.
Terry, the source of error is "Disk" and the event ID is 11. I think I ought to replace my HDDs as one of them has now developed a bad sector. will do this and get back to you if the problem is not rectified.
Lexx_1
Occasional Contributor

Terry, I have replaced both Hard Drives about 3 weeks ago and never received any error messages eversince. so thank you very much for your help and look forward to your using your expertise again in the future.