ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752815 Members
6119 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant ML350 G5 Smart Array controller degraded status?

SOLVED
Go to solution
shuckie
Occasional Advisor

ProLiant ML350 G5 Smart Array controller degraded status?

Hello everyone

I monitor a Windows Server 2003 Active Directory WAN using Microsoft Operations Manager 2005. I have received a Server Storage Status Warning and checked the HP Insight Manager System Management homepage, which shows a degradation warning. When I click on the link I get the screen shown in the attached screenshot, however the only thing that catches my eye is the "Bad Data: Possible" status under the Accelerator category.

I am not sure what the problem is or how to diagnose/rectify it. Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

I recommend you to upload / check Array diagnostic utility, also hp integrated management log

also update Firmware for controller, since you got the initial release..

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121586&swItem=MTX-c2d4c96fd13a459795738e0d2b&prodNameId=3279711&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=5

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
shuckie
Occasional Advisor

Hello

Thanks for the advice. I have downloaded the firmware upgrade and will apply this at the end of the day. From where do I download the array diagnostic tool? I have checked HP Insight Diagnostics which currently only offers the option to check the disk drives themselves. How do I check the status of the controller/accelerator and/or clear any bad data stored in the accelerator?

Thanks!
shuckie
Occasional Advisor

Hello again

I installed some of the utilities and rebooted the server, and according to Insight Manager there are now no failed/degraded items.

Thanks for your help!