ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752542 Members
5450 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ProLiant ML350 G9 can't start SSA from onboard system utilities, corrupt onboard stora

BitBucket
Advisor

ProLiant ML350 G9 can't start SSA from onboard system utilities, corrupt onboard storage?

One of our ML350 G9s went into a Windows auto-repair boot loop.  We replaced the disks, cleared NVRAM, applied the latest ProLiant support pack, and reset the ILO. If we tried to start either the ILO or the SSA from the system utilities the system crashed with messages including "Can't read CTR while init i8042" and "Unable to mount the file system [USB]". 

It was able to run the SSA from the HP Offline array configuration utility DVD.

Our initial thought was that the motherboard went bad, so we replaced it, along with the boot disks.  However, the behavior remains the same.  We also replaced the array controller.

The G9 specs reference 1Gb of on-board storage - presumably this is where the SSA resides?  If so, is this storage located somewhere not on the motherboard?  The only parts I can think of that we haven't replaced that connect to the motherboard are the LFF disk backplane and the "780990-001 769016-001 HP ProLiant ML350 G9 Front I/O Module".

Any help or ideas much appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Cali
Honored Contributor

Re: ProLiant ML350 G9 can't start SSA from onboard system utilities, corrupt onboard stora

Hi,

the 1GB Storage is the NVRAM of the iLO and this is soldered on the Mainboard.
No Way to change, but can be formated by iLO GUI or CLI.

It also contains the "On-Board" BIOS/UEFI Tools.

This Advisory show, how to format:

Document - Advisory: (Revision) HPE Integrated Lights-Out 4 (iLO 4) – How to Format the NAND Used to Store AHS logs, OneView Profiles, and Intelligent Provisioning | HPE Support

Cali

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Check ILO health from ILO webpage.

Did you apply the SPP by booting from an USB device?

SPP has the SSA tool included, so you can run it if booted from SPP.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!