5549 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ProLiant ML350

SOLVED
Go to solution
John Sciarra

ProLiant ML350

I was asked by a business to replace the single SCSI drive (4.8gig I beleive)with two SCSI drives. Is this possible? All I would be doing is GHOSTING the original drive to a new one and adding a second drive. The original is partitioned to C: and D: so new number 1 would be C: and new number 2 would be D:. I would like to use a 18 gig for drive C: and possibly a 37.5 or larger for drive D:. Am I looking at any problems, and at the same time I will be adding any service packs. Also when I am done I want to install (temporarily)a CD-Burner to make a Ghost Image after all work is completed.
Thanks for any info,
John
4 REPLIES 4
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: ProLiant ML350

Hello John,
I am not sure as to how do you intend to accomplish this. Anyways the only solution I can suggest would be to backup your data. Setup the hardware you would like to set then restore your data from the backup. I have not seen someone being able to accomplish this in my IY career. I would surely like to know if someone has an idea to accomplish this.

Regards,
Seth Parker
Trusted Contributor
Solution

What OS are you working with on that machine? What you're talking about should be ok if you're working with Windows. Ghost is a great program and I use it a lot. One good thing about it in this case is that it should be able to extend the OS partion to take up the full space on the new drive without you having to do anything extra.

Still, if this machine has any sort of valuable data on it, you'll want to back it up, even though you shouldn't be touching the original drive with this process.

Hehe, you're going to be burning a bunch of CDs to get a 4.8GB drive imaged.

Good luck!
Seth
John Sciarra

Seth,
You mentioned I shouldn't touch the original drive, this is what I was afraid of. I worked on a Compaq before and could not change the hard drive due to proprietary hardware, is this the same problem?
Seth Parker
Trusted Contributor

John,

I just meant to put the original drive on the shelf in case something goes wrong. That way, you've got another back-out option.

Seth