1752774 Members
4839 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant ML370 Sound card add on

DanielD

ProLiant ML370 Sound card add on

Hello All,

I would like to use an old ProLiant ML370 server as a media server. I've added a sound blaster 64 PCI card into one of the PCI slots but I don't see any playback or recording device in sounds and multimedia section of control panel. The drivers for sound cards are installed and there are no problems detected in sytem view (control panel). I am used only to computers where I can get to bios using f1(etc) so I don't know how confirm that the server can see the sound card at all.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Daniel
4 REPLIES 4
DanielD

Nobody will let me know how to correctly install PCI card? Or how to check whether the server sees the card?

:(

Thank you,

Daniel
Phani Kiran
Occasional Advisor

What is the generation of ML370, Is it G1, G2 , G3 , G4 , G5
The Bean

If you are using windows server 2003 Enterprise Edition and I think R2 Sound Manager needs to be enabled manually.
http://www.petri.co.il/enable_sound_in_windows_2003.htm
will show you how to do this. Just so you know that ProLiant servers don't store bios like a desktop they either store it in a special system partition which can generally be accessed by pressing f10 at the appropriate time during booting. Alternatively download the Smart Start CD (v5.5 not higher) and boot up with it in the cd drive that will give you access to the configurations utility. Hope this fixes your problem.
BradCorit

Daniel did everything seem to work out after enabling it manually? I have the same server type and need to add a sound card. If not any sound card recommendations?