5763 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant ML570 G4 Unexplained System hang

SOLVED
Go to solution
David Krall

ProLiant ML570 G4 Unexplained System hang

We have two ProLiant ML570 G4 servers with 4 Dual cores with HT, 24 Gig of RAM, and 18 146 Gig Single channel SAS Hard Drives setup with Windows 2003 R2 SP1 and Oracle 10g. These sytems randomly hang but always durring high System and Hard Drive activity (usually during one or more Oracle Imports). I am able ping it but that is all I am able to do. I can not log in, I can not hit its HP management page, and I am unable to do anything through Insight Manager (however Insight manger shows it as operational and no events). It requires a complete power cycle and more often than not I have to rebuild a database or two. None of the Oracle logs or system logs show anything either, they just suddenly stop at the point in time when the server hangs. The only even that shows up is the System event log event when I logged in and put in a reason for the systems restart, which is dated at the time of the Hang. We have run the smart start system test on both servers but that shows no hardware problems, we have replaced the HD backplane, we have replaced the controller cards, we have disabled HyperThreading, and none of it has helped. The systems ASR does not work either to recover the system. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi

David you can check this
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941276/

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
David Krall

This seems to have worked on our initial testing on our backup server. We are going to run it for another week or so to see if it crashes any more. We ran some heavy jobs against it pre-HotFix and it promptly crashed, did the same plus more post-HotFix and not even a hiccup. Thanks for the help. I consider this resolved unless we see the problem crop up again.

Thanks.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Glad to hear that

let's check more and time and be back to us

bye
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

I just wanted to know how's everything?

bye
David Krall

This solution has appeared to fix our issue. We ran some heavy testing on the servers after applying the patches and they have been performing flawlessly. Thank you.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

glad to hear that

thanks for the points