New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant Support Pack on ML 115 G5

SOLVED
Go to solution
BetaPsi_
Advisor

ProLiant Support Pack on ML 115 G5

Hello,

Does anyone have experience running PSP on an ML 115 G5? According to this FAQ ( http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/psp/questionsanswers.html )only the 300/500 models of the ML series are supported. I just seemingly successfully used the Smart Update Manager to update all of the drivers and other management utilities on my server.

I installed a pre-configured package of drivers just fine. My server now has the HP System Management Homepage that I can successfully browse. The only issue is that I don't have a array controller that can use the HP ACU (this one is an NVidia controller).

Does HP just not "support" it on models lower than 300 but it will probably still work? So far all seems well with it.
2 REPLIES 2
u84823
Regular Advisor
Solution

There is no hardware health monitoring capability in the ML115 G5 other than IPMI - you'll need the optional management card to get more.

HTH
BetaPsi_
Advisor

Great, thanks for the tip. But other than the hardware health monitoring portion, everything else seems to work fine. Does anyone else have experience with putting PSP on an "unsupported" server? Am I doing something dangerous?