4195 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant UID light

SOLVED
Go to solution
Aaron Fadeley

ProLiant UID light

What exactly does the UID (Unit Identification) light mean on the front of my ProLiant ML350 server. It was lit when I booted up the server after changing my monitor. I might have hit it. Thank you.

Aaron
6 REPLIES 6
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor
Solution

The UID LED is used to identify a server; if the server has a remote insight board/chip the UID LED will blink when the server is being accessed remotely. It can also be turned on remotely via IM/System management home page so that the server can be identified locally.

I hope this helps
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

Arron:

The UID also has the function of identifying a server when it is deployed in a dense rack with many other servers. If you have this server lit with the UID, from the front or back of the rack a remote technitian can quickly identify the server to be worked on.
As Vijay said, you can remotely activate it for service and have the local technitian where the server is located perform whatever service needs to be completed.
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
Aaron Fadeley

Thank you both very much for the quick answers. So I guess since I have only one server and I am the only one that works on it, it is just a pretty blue light?

Aaron
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

Yes... pretty blue light. But, please note it does have hooks and hangers in the bios and can be reported in the Management Logs as being on. Best to have it off.
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
Aaron Fadeley

Great! Thank you again for everything. I'm closing this thread now. I hope everyone has a good and bug-free weekend.

Aaron
Aaron Fadeley

The great people in this forum have answered my questions.

Aaron