1752360 Members
6144 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant raid monitor

vladis

ProLiant raid monitor

Hello,
I am using few ProLiant servers with a hardware raid in my work and the problem is that when a disk fails and/or it was replaced, some of the users without Admin privileges should be able to go on the systems and conform that the rebuilt of the new disk was completed, or that a disk was failed..etc.
In the Linux systems this is accomplished by granting sudo privileges to them for running the HP array utilities, but on the Windows systems this does not seam possible.
Is there a tool or a script that can be used on the Windows system (read only mode ... etc)to just observe the array configuration, and see the status of the array discs (rebuilding, failed, OK... and so on) that can be used from a non Administrators.

Thanks,
Vlad
3 REPLIES 3
TTr
Honored Contributor

You will have to look into using the ACUCLI commands with the hpacucli.exe utility. But ensure that you grant execution access only to specific commands and parameters of the hpacucli.exe command.

Something like "hpacucli.exe controller all show" You may have to use the "pd" or "ld" options as well.

Once you craft the appropriate command, ensure that access to run is granted as the entire command string only and that the users can not alter the parameters and options of the aclcli command.
vladis

Thanks, that is what I did on the *nix systems, but for Windows I can't find any way to grand exec privileges to a command or even executable like the ones in HP system utilities, that are designed for the Admin users only. That is why I am looking for either 3rd party or HP "read only" tool, just for observing the disks in the array.
wobbe
Respected Contributor

Why not use the HP event notification utility to sent an email to those users. Saves you the trouble of logging on.