ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753829 Members
8384 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ProLiant server DL380 G6 Error Message- "Paritioning has failed. Could not update disk mbr

Prashant Soni

ProLiant server DL380 G6 Error Message- "Paritioning has failed. Could not update disk mbr code"

Hi,

I am trying to install 'Windows 2008 Server' 'ProLiant server DL380 G6' with 4 x HP 300GB-10K-SAS HAr Disk array

After system is booted successfully, I tried to install 'Windows 2008 Server' by providing all the details (Product Key..etc..etc).

I chose the partition as ' Minumum Recommended' and proceeded with the Server Installation.

But, got stopped because of Error Message- "Paritioning has failed. Could not update disk mbr code".

Any inputs please. Its very urgent!

++thanX
7 REPLIES 7
SeanDickson

Re: ProLiant server DL380 G6 Error Message- "Paritioning has failed. Could not update disk mbr code"

Prashant,
Were you ever able to resolve this? I am having a similar problem.
Chris Karb

Re: ProLiant server DL380 G6 Error Message- "Paritioning has failed. Could not update disk mbr code"

Just dealing with this very problem on a new G6. Had to remove the Smart Start disk and boot again with the OS disk. Windows asks for the partition size, and loads without issue.
Romel Reyes

Im also having this problem while installing windows 2008 to a proliant dl160 g6...
Matt Beschta
Visitor

Any updates or solutions on this? We're seeing the same issue on both DL360's and DL380's, and installing a different OS first is quite a drag on deployment.
Ian of Adelaide
Occasional Advisor

Also having the same problem with a G5 using SmartStart. Has anyone had a response from HP yet, or found a workaround that does not involve booting from OS DVD, as ours is a remote server and a pain to do a manual install?
Ian of Adelaide
Occasional Advisor

sksgamers

Re: ProLiant server DL380 G6 Error Message- "Paritioning has failed. Could not update disk mbr

I have this same issue! No updated versions of smart start will display the GUI, only 8.4!

Everything else displays a command line.