ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753881 Members
7378 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Problème with HP SmartArray 641 on ML 350G4

Problème with HP SmartArray 641 on ML 350G4

Hi,
We have an ML350G4 bundled with HP SmartArray 641. Sometimes, when trying to reboot the Proliant server, the HP SM641 is'nt detected during boot process.
Sometimes, changing PCI slot resolve problème but, one week after, the SM641 is'nt detected.I already have changed the SM641 but the problem is the same and, yesterday, the new SM641 is'nt detected even if i change it over the four PCI slot.
I need help please.

Andry
8 REPLIES 8
Shameer.V.A
Respected Contributor

Hi Andry,
Try to upgrade the firmware of your server motherboard to the latest available. This can be because of some buggs in server motherboad firmware.

Regards,

Shameer
.... See invisible, feel intangible and achieve impossible as everything is possible ....
Mahesh Kumar Malik
Honored Contributor

Hi Andry

You may also try applying latest Service Packs.

Regards
Mahesh

Hi all,

All of these suggestion are already done when the problem appear the first time :
- Firmware update of the SM641.
- BIOS update of the ML350G4
- Drivers update
- Win 2003 service pack
- HDD firmware updtate.
I also tried to replace with new SM641 and updat the firmware too, but two week later, the problem appear and is the same :
SM641 not detected.
Is a motherboard problem ?

Regards.

Andry

e4services
Honored Contributor

You guys. "Try the lastest ROM Pack", "Update the firmware". WHy is this always your canned response.

Andry, can you be more specific on what you describe as "not detected"? Do you simply mean the cards BIOS never loads, that is you do not get the text splash during boot?
Hot Swap Hard Drives
SIVAKUMAR.P
Frequent Advisor

Hi RAFILOBERA Andry,

The MBD I/O-Controller has been failed, because of it's due to intermittent failure.
hence MBD to be replaced and fix The Smart Array 641 Controller (SA-641) is a 64-bit, 133-MHz PCI-X at the proper spec slot,if the problem could be resolved.

by
shiv.P
24/7 SUPPORT Mobile.No:919841509428

Hi all,
- To e4services :
Exact, normally when SA is plugged, SmartArray 641 and number of logical array is showed on screen during boot after internal SCSI initialisation and drive scan.
- To SIVAKUMAR.P :
When you say MDB, is it the ML350 System board ?

Andry

This morning, during server reboot, an error message is shown :
Slot 5 : SA 641 controller.
1783 : Slot Array controller is in a lockup state due to a hardware configuration faillure (controller is disabled until this problem is resolved).

How to resolve and reenable controller ?

Thanks

Andry
De Bruyn Michael
Occasional Advisor

Andy,

"Controller in lockup state" usually means your smart controller should be replaced. But i think your original problem is your systemboard... Its a long shot, but i think your systemboard is killing your pci smart controller cards... Let HP replace the systemboard ASAP... and tell them to bring a 641 contoller as well...