1748060 Members
5726 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem Installing W2k3 on ML 150 G2

mohed kamal
Occasional Contributor

Problem Installing W2k3 on ML 150 G2

I have an adaptec 7901 scsi controller card and on 36Gig scsi harddisk , I cant seem to succeed in installing neither w2k server or w2k3 enterprise it says in the setup "setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer , It shows up in the BIOS and I even installed Linux RHEL4 successfully with no effort
please tell me what to do m also I tried to give the setup the scsi driver disk by hitting F6 and the same problem again ,... please any suggestions will be helpful .
5 REPLIES 5
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

mohed kamal
Occasional Contributor

I tried that driver and it gave me the same error message "setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer"
please if there are special settings in the BIOS or SCSI BIOS that may affect this please dont hold it back .
thanks
Stephen Allen3

Has anyone one solved this problem? I am having the same issue. I have tried the 32 bit W2003 Server driver supplied on the diag CD that came witht he server

ML150 G2
Adaptec U320 Scsi
72GB Hot Plug software

Using the Adaptec scsi utility during boot, I could format the disk, but W2003 server setup still does not see the disks

thanks
steve
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I think this is the kit you need. It supports the 7901 and other Adaptec chipsets.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/21737.html

F6 to install the driver.

I hope this helps.

Brian

Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

When you need to specify an OEM driver (like an HP driver), you must press F6 at the first Windows setup blue screen. You will get the option later, but if you don't hit it at the right time Windows will load one of its drivers into memory. Then even if you later specify the correct driver, it does not find any disks. If necessary create the 4 Windows 2003 diskettes and start the install by booting from disk 1 (the only one that is bootable). Do not put in the Windows 2003 CD until prompted.