cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Partition

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Problem Partition

When I go to Mass Storage with Insight Manager, I see the partition F: but with the message "Unknown : Size info unavailable"
My configuration is : 3 disks => RAID 5 with controller card Smart 2DH
What can i do to see the size of the partition ?
2 REPLIES
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Problem Partition

Hi I got the same problem after the working raid-5 set is expaned from 3 disks to 6 disks. It's a Proliant 3000 with a smart 2DH array controller. NT4 SP5. Having all bios, firmwire and all related device drivers upgraded to the version of Smartstart 4.9 but so does the symptom remains. (the server was originally installed through older version of smartstart assisted installation.)

I have another spare proliant 3000 with a smart array 2DH controller, I tried to simulate the problem by expending its raid-5, but I don't see this problem on this machine. The only different is, this machine was fresh installed through smartstart 5.1

I really need the drive size shows up under Insight Manager for reporting purpose. now I am confused of what's causing the problem.

One of the possible cause I can think of is the insight agents might needs upgrade because old version might not reconize new type of drives correctly. since the server is critical to us we are not allowed to try anything on it if we are not sure what the solution is.

does anyone seen this problem before? please kindly help us.
thank you. :-)

best regards,
nekoneko.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Problem Partition

We had the same problem with 2 of our servers. As soon as we added more disks to the first server the message "Unknow: Size info unavailable" turned up, but everything else was working fine. The was setup using SmartStart 4.9 When we upgraded the second server we got no message but this one was setup using SmartStart 5.0. So we bit the bullet and upgraded the Insight Agents on the first server and now it reports the Disk Space as it should.