Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem RIS BL20P G2

Hans-Peter Locher
Occasional Visitor

Problem RIS BL20P G2

Hello Community,
We have problems to deploy RIS images to Proliant Bl20p G2 servers.
I first installed the Server via RIS(Flat image including SCSI drivers (Smart Array 5i)), no problem. Afterwards I corrected the sif answerfile, and copied the $OEM$ folder to the directory, where the i386 folder of the created image lies.
Now I wanted to test the created image. I started the server, PXE boot it, and the image was available. After logging in to the domain the Hd is being formatted, so far so good. The Windows Setup Starts. After a few minutes following errors occure:

-Setup cannot set permissions for \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1 \WINDOWS\OemDir\cpqcissm.cat
-Setup cannot set permissions for \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1 \WINDOWS\OemDir\oemscs01.inf
-Setup cannot set permissions for \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1 \WINDOWS\system32\drivers\cpqcissm.sys
-Setup cannot set permissions for \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1 \WINDOWS\OemDir\cpqcissm.sys

when I select "Skip File" at all errors, the server reboots.
The Win Loading Screen appears and then the server reboots again, this goes on until I shut down the Server completely.

I tested this issue with w2k3 ent sp1 and w2k3 std sp1, both times the same error occurs.

Als RIS Server we use w2k3 std sp1 Server.

Any idea on fixing this issue?
Thanks for help