7219 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem additional processor to Proliant DL 380

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Problem additional processor to Proliant DL 380

I added additional processor to Proliant DL 380 NT server 4.0
Bios detected with no problem, then I loaded the Multiprocessor Hal on NT using the Smartscart and support release 4.80 CD. When I reboot the server and the loader started, I received the message WINNT\SYSTEM32\ntfs.sys was corrupted loader could not start.

This server is PROLIANT DL 380
Windows NT server 4.0 with SP 6.a Installed
3 - 18.2 GB Ultra 3 scsi
Smart Array 431 Controller.

I tried to use the repair disk, but setup fails to identify any hard drives.
I tried to run a second version of NT but installation process can not get past the SPECIFYING STORAGE DEVICES.
I Created the SSD disk and I used disk two I pointed to the Integrated Array 42xx/43xx but still not working.
I Download the cp0000304.exe file. I extracted and created a disk. I Followed the readme instructions. BAD LUCK does not work do not pass from STORAGE DEVICE can not find them press F3 and out.

Please I need some help, I have to install additional processor to 4 Proliant DL 380 NT 4.0
Question. How I can install a second copy of NT on this servers if NT gets corrupted?

Hector Taborda
Mott?s USA
htaborda@motts.com
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Did you load NT before adding the CPU and then try to update setup? If these are new systems, not yet in production, it's best to add the CPU BEFORE doing any other hardware or software setup.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

No, all these servers are in production. They all have NT 4.0 Installed and running with one CPU. I will like to upgrade to a second CPU, but when I tried to upgrade on one system I had all the problems that I explained before.

I ending erasing all the configuration, array controller and NT OS on that system. Reinstall NT and configure everything with the second CPU inside the system as you recommend it this method works fine if these is a new system.
BUT I CAN NOT do the same to the other three servers THEY ALL ARE IN FULL PRODUCTION NT ALREADY INSTALL . Not rebuilt allows.

Thank you for your help.
htaborda@motts.com