1753667 Members
5734 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Problem building raid array

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Problem building raid array

I have a proliant 1500 server from a friend, so i wanted to reinstall linux, and i saw the program "compaq erase utility" so i made the floppy and booted with the floppy, but when i erased everything, i erased the raid 5 config to ( 5x 4.3gb u2w disks), so i wanted to rebuild a raid config, BUT when i booted with the System configuration utility and i choose Drive array configuration, because with that tool i thought, i can make a raid 5 array, but when i choose that option , he asked for a drive array configuration disk, but i don't have such a disk, does anyone know where i can find that disk, or how i can make a raid array from the 5 disks again??
tnkx!
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Problem building raid array

HI,
There is a ACU utility disk out their: sp6263 but it?s the older version of the ACU utility. I suggested to run the ACU form one of the latest smartstart cd since you will get version 2x instead of version 1x. If you run version 2 on version 1 and decide to run version 1 later it might be data destructive; for these reason it would make sence to run the ACU version 2 right from the start.
Cb.