108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem creating logical RAID drives using REST / iLOrest tool

SOLVED
Go to solution
ArubaGuy
Occasional Advisor

Problem creating logical RAID drives using REST / iLOrest tool

Hey all - looking for an assist. If I'm in the wrong place, please redirect me.

I'm trying to use the iLOrest RESTfulInterface Tool to create some logical drives. I have to replicate this across 50 servers, so I'm trying to script it up. I connected into the server I'm using a s a test (DL360 Gen10, fully patched, iLO5), and I can retrieve all the SmartArray info, drive info, etc. Then I'm trying to create a simple RAID1 mirror of two SSDs for the OS, and another RAID1 mirror of two more SSDs for Data. I'm using these commands:

createlogicaldrive customdrive Raid1 1,2 --name=OS --controller=1

createlogicaldrive customdrive Raid1 3,4 --name=Data --controller=1

So far so good... except when I execute either command, I get the following response:

The property you are trying to change has been updated. Please check entry again  before manipulating it.

And nothing happens on the server. (The DeleteLogicalDrive command works just fine, but not the CreateLogicalDrive command.)

Any ideas? I'd even be open to other methods to script this up, and totally abandon this tool if there's a better route....

Thanks!

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
GokulKS
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Problem creating logical RAID drives using REST / iLOrest tool

Hi,

You can try Smart Array Power cmdlets which are available on HPE web and PowerShell gallery as well.

https://www.hpe.com/us/en/product-catalog/detail/pip.5440657.html

https://www.powershellgallery.com/packages/hpesmartarraycmdlets/1.0.0.1

All cmdlets has self description and has in-built help. Below is an example to fetch help of a cmdlet.

Thanks,

Gokul

You can refer below cmdlet for creation of logical drive.

C:\> help New-HPESALogicalDrive -Examples 

PS C:\> $connection = Connect-HPESA -IP 10.20.30.40 -Username admin -Password admin123

PS C:\> $result = New-HPESALogicalDrive -Connection $connection -ControllerLocation "Slot 1" -LogicalDriveName LogicalDrive1 -Raid Raid0 -CapacityGiB -1 -DataDrive
@(,@("P1I:1:1","P1I:1:2"))
PS C:\> $result
IP : 10.20.30.40
Hostname : abc.domain.com
StatusInfo : @{Category=Usability; Message=Reboot of the target server is required. }

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

ArubaGuy
Occasional Advisor

Re: Problem creating logical RAID drives using REST / iLOrest tool

The CMDlets did the trick. I had to modify them to fit our needs, but managed to get them working the way we needed. Thanks for the pointer!

Mike