cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem ghosting Proliant DL360 G4

Liam Barrett
Occasional Visitor

Problem ghosting Proliant DL360 G4

I have two just out of the box DL360 G4s. I am attempting to ghost them before they go into production. The Ghost session always locks at somewhere between 4 and 16 percent. The only consitent thing I see is that this always happens while ghost indicates it's "dumping remaining mft files'". I've tried applying a Symantec patch to address random lock up problems with new chipsets and gigabit cards but no luck. Symantec's website suggest using a utility like DiskKeeper to defrag the master file table but these are new machines. Nothing in Event Viewer points to any network trouble. The same thing happens on both servers.
1 REPLY
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem ghosting Proliant DL360 G4

Liam,

If you are booting from floppy and using an NDIS2 driver for the network you might want to try the Universal Network Boot disk method instead. This has fixed issues before for me with Ghost and Broadcom NIC's (The DL360G4 uses NC7782 Broadcom chips).

Download the kit and build the diskette as directed on the web link.

http://www.users.on.net/~driver/bootdisk/

See the "Building the disk" section below the download link to see how XP is used for the boot floppy (Very memory efficient).

The "Supported Cards" section also shows that the Broadcom 570X NetXtreme driver is included in the kit.

This is a great little bundle so I hope it works for you.

Regards,

Brian