1751894 Members
5186 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem installing Windows NT 4 Server on DL380 G2

Alexdd
Advisor

indeed, it was a memory issue. the server is ok now and running!! thanks Brian.
Alexdd
Advisor

Ok, i now have a different bluescreen on another server, but somewhat similar specs. I am getting another blue screen on a DL380 G2, but with only 1280MB memory. It has four 72.8 gig drives, RAID 5. I am trying to install NT on this server also and get this blue screen when it starts to do the setup after setting up in the workgroup(as opposed to domain): "IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL****address 801286f0 has base at 8010000-ntoskrnl.exe"

I tried another DL380 G2 with four 36.2 gig drives and get the same blue screen. Something is weird going on here.
Alexdd
Advisor

I've updated ROM, BIOS so don't know what the problem is with this NT server to be.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Alexdd,

I think you may have let NT choose the NIC drivers for itself. If I remember correctly it chooses the wrong Intel chipset (8259 chipset) for the NIC's and hence gives a blue screen on the first reboot. You need to tell NT that you will choose the NIC drivers when you get to that point in the installation procedure.

Download the Compaq drivers and apply them manually - don't let NT choose them.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/16918.html

I hope this helps.

Brian
Alexdd
Advisor

Hi Brian,
I think you're right on this. It doesn't bluescreen right away after installing NT drivers, but a few installs afterwards at the part where winnt32 is copying to directories. Anyways, how do i actually manually install it? It doesn't prompt for manual install of drivers. It automatically installs the 82557 nic drivers and bind the protocols, then asks to join either domain or workstation, and finally bluescreens at the files copying from winnt32 directory. I'm just glad this is gonna be my last Windows NT 4 server install. Everything else from now on will be Windows 2003.
Alexdd
Advisor

One thing i might add is that i am installing NT 4 from a CD Image that was made for my company, not your typical 3 floppy disks and NT CD install. So not sure if i need to copy the nic drivers to a specified folder on the cd or make an entirely new cd with the nic drivers on there.