ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753470 Members
5181 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Problem installing an additional Intel 5110 Processor to an HP Proliant DL140 G3

SOLVED
Go to solution
Javbor
Occasional Contributor

Problem installing an additional Intel 5110 Processor to an HP Proliant DL140 G3

Hi Guys!

I've got this problem trying to install a brand new Intel 5110 processor to an HP Proliant DL140 G3, the server doesn't boot with both processor (original and new one) installed. It doesn't even reach the HP initial screen. Just a black screen.

However, if we installed just one of the processor at a time, the server works fine. We have already updated the BIOS and we only have installed the processors in socket 1 because it has to be always populated.

Do you have any idea about what happens?

Thank you!

Javier

4 REPLIES 4
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Problem installing an additional Intel 5110 Processor to an HP Proliant DL140 G3

Hey, are the CPUs identical? (spare part numbers, stepping etc)?

Dirt in the second socket maybe?

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Problem installing an additional Intel 5110 Processor to an HP Proliant DL140 G3

Adding to the above....

1.  Update BIOS first with the original processor installed.

2.  Make sure the original processor is also an Intel 5110.

3.  To make sure the NEW processor is good, install the new processor into Socket 1 and check.

Good Luck!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Javbor
Occasional Contributor

Second socket problem.

We changed the syste board.

Thank you all!

Javbor
Occasional Contributor

Good suggestion!

Thanks,

Javier