cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing proliant dl380 g5 using smartstart

desgordon
Occasional Visitor

Problem installing proliant dl380 g5 using smartstart

I am trying to install Windows 2003 server enterprise x64 on the Proliant DL380 G5 machine using the smartstart utility. The OS comes on an MSDN DVD along with other flavors of the 2003 server family, so when smartstart gets to where it asks for the media type I select the 'DVD' and 'flat file' options.

The problems arises when it then asks me to supply the OS flat file. I am unsure which is the OS flat file on the DVD and have tried quite a few that I thought were likely candidates but always get a 'Invalid Entry' error. I'd be very grateful if somebody would please point out to me what extension the OS flat file should have.
3 REPLIES
desgordon
Occasional Visitor

Re: Problem installing proliant dl380 g5 using smartstart

Smartstart was asking for the directory where OS flat files are loacted and not the 'OS flat file' as I had put it. I have managed to locate it at /dvd/english/x64/enterprise.

Thanks to anyone who may have looked at the question.
TRS
Frequent Advisor

Dear,
At that stage where Installation is asking for the DVD OR Flat files you just click next.After that it will copy some files from smart start & ask u for the product key.then automaticaly it machine will ask you for the O/S CD That time u insert the O/S Media which u have with u.
After this your normal installation will start.

If problem not resolve then Directly boot server with os cd & provide the array controller drivers through floppy or usb drive by preccing F6 in gegining of the cd boot-up.
then u install the psp through the smart start.

All the best...
Joey Beltran
Occasional Visitor

Just define where your OS installer is - example /mount/dvd/ ... strange but the next thing I know, the thing went through after defining it MANUALLY.

The funny thing is SMARTSTART prompted to INSERT the correct OS installer media to continue, then after a few screens forgot where I placed it. Hope this helps a bit. :D