HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem w/ Ram configuration on ML150 G2

Robin Bonin
Occasional Visitor

Problem w/ Ram configuration on ML150 G2

I have been running 2 1 Gig Crucial sticks of ram, I revently bought a 2 Gig stick to add.
I have read that the server will not work with 3 sticks of ram, just 1, 2, and 4. I tried
adding in a 512 stick I had, and I am having much trouble.

I've been swapping the modules into diffrent slots on the mother board, and I'm getting some
strange results, If I have the 2 Gig and 1 Gig sticks only it show 1 Gig in the bios.

I think it is trying to match the two sticks in each bank. How can I turn this off? I didnt
see any options in the BIOS for it, I'm using the BIOS 1.51
3 REPLIES
Robin Bonin
Occasional Visitor

Re: Problem w/ Ram configuration on ML150 G2

This really did not answer my question. I followed the instructions in the PDF when installing the ram the first time. It seems to me that it is trying to use two-way memory interleaving when I don't want it to. I saw no option to turn this off in the bios. Putting in the 2 Gig, then 1 Gig, 1 Gig, 512 does not work.
Robin Bonin2
Occasional Visitor

Re: Problem w/ Ram configuration on ML150 G2

I bought a second 2 Gig Stick of RAM.
How I have 2 Gig, 2 Gig, 1 Gig, 1 Gig
With just the 2 Gig sticks I get 4 GB working, but when I add them all in the correct order, I get a beep code and no video output. The beep code is beep, pause, beep, beep, beep, pause, beep, beep, beep, pause, beep.

These 2 1 Gig sticks work fine when in slots 1 + 2