ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753287 Members
5430 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem wit Raid 5 on my Proliant 1600

Malcolm_13

Problem wit Raid 5 on my Proliant 1600

Drive Array-Drive Array Tracking Predicts Imminent Failure-The following drive(s) should be replaced when conditions permit: Scsi Port 1:Scsi IDs 1

When running the compaq array configuration it looks all fine. I can see all 3 9.1 GB drives. Information on the arrary said OK. Help!
3 REPLIES 3
Martin Breidenbach
Honored Contributor

The drive firmware monitors the drive performance. If certain values exceed certain threshold levels then you get that warning message which means that the drive may fail and should be replaced.

But sometimes this message is a result of old drive firmware. Update the drive firmware first. If you get this message again after updating the drive firmware then the drive should be replaced.

The options ROMPAQ contains 10 or more floppy disk images. But you don't need to create all disks. Just create the first, boot from it, let it scan the system and it will tell you which other disks it needs.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Malcolm,
There was an M&P patch released mostly for 9.1GB hdds to cure the false predictive failure messages. Please use this patch first and if the error does not go away then you would have no choice but to replace the drive.
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/10468.html

Regards,
Jeff Stenger
Occasional Contributor

The drive is predicting failure because of excessive read or write failures or retries. If this drive is part of a mission critical solution, I would replace it ASAP. If not mission critical, you probably can get by until drive totally fails. I personally have a drive that has been reporting imminent failure for the past 6 months and it still is working fine.

good luck