ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753775 Members
7432 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with HP Proliant ML 350 G5 - after replacing accelerator battery

MatthewIT

Problem with HP Proliant ML 350 G5 - after replacing accelerator battery

I'm new so that i want to say hello to everyone.

I have a (maybe small) problem with my smart array e200i controller. Maybe someone met and solved it and could be please to help me. So that, I've got message that i need to replace my battery accelerator. OK i bought battery and replaced it. I read that i had waited 72h to fully recharge. OK it was at 1st february and to present day i need to reboot my srv. After reboot after POST i received again message "1794- Slot 1 Driver Array - Array Accelerator Battery charge Low
Array Accelerator Post-Write Cache is temporarily disabled." . Tomorrow i'll check version of firmware maybe i need to update or in the worst case it's a some fault with controller? If somebody could help me i would be appreciate. Thanx in advance! Greetings!

Matthew
3 REPLIES 3
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Hello! We mostly have ML370 G4 servers and have found that upgrading the firmware resolved many failed battery messages. If the battery failed again after that, we replaced it. If you have two batteries on the card, you can switch them and see if the error "moves." If it doesn't, it is probably the card.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

The battery is attached to the cache module with a cable. Have you made sure to check that this cable is seated correctly? It's also possible that this cable may be damaged and the battery never gets charged due to this.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
MatthewIT

Hello again! At first thnx for reply. I'm confused, battery doesn't have cable with connector to memory module. It only has + and - on bottom. Interesting thing is that memory module has a two pins but both batteries were attached by clips to memory module without used any cable connector. I noticed that battery reported in 2009 that was not fully charged. Maybe it's different installation and charging mode in ML 350 G5 without using any cable connectors or something is missing from the time when server was bought. It's really confusing me...