SOLVED
Go to solution
stefano colombo_1
Super Advisor

Problem with HP Team control applet in windows 2008 core

Hi ,
I've a problem trying to configure HPteaming on server core for hyper-v
We have to install 2 DL380g6 in hyper-v cluster

I've followed the HP documentation for correctly enable Hyper-v and hp teaming.
- I've installed win 2008 core
- I've enabled hyper-v role
- I've installed HP PSP 8.30 running hpsum -s
- Then I tried to launch Hp teaming control ( control hpteam.cpl ) but it does nothing

can anyone help me with that ?
Thanks
Stefano
4 REPLIES 4
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Problem with HP Team control applet in windows 2008 core

Stefano, You can actually create the team by loading an XML file with the config, you will need a source Server where you can create the team, then save the script and load it on the Core server. Here are the steps:

1. Configure adapter teaming on the source server.

2. Generate a script file on the source server by clicking Save in the HP NCU user interface or running CQNICCMD /S in the Command Line utility.

3. Modify the script file as necessary. If you modify the script file, HP recommends that you run CQNICCMD/ P to check the syntax of the modified file and check the log file for errors and warnings. The default location of the log file is \cpqsystem\log\cpqteam.log on the system drive. The syntax of the /P option is cqniccmd /p

4. Install the HP NCU on the target system (It will be installed when running ProLiant Support Pack).

5. Run the Command Line utility with the following syntax:
cqniccmd /c

6. Check the log file for errors and warnings. The default location of the log file is: \cpqsystem\log\cpqteam.log on the system drive
stefano colombo_1
Super Advisor

Hello
thanks a lot for the help .
stefano colombo_1
Super Advisor

Hi ,
I've a doubt regarding the steps you suggested.

I've created an xml configuration file from another server , which has only four nics ,and went to edit it to create the teaming in the core server .
The question is how can I select the NICs ?
In the configuration file they are referenced by a simple number

Does the number "element 1 " follow the OS NIC enumeration "local area connection" being element 1 ?
thanks
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

The easier way of doing it will be use a source server with the same config, if that is not an option, I├В┬┤d recommend to verify the NIC number, check each Local Area Connection MAC address against the port number on the NCU, you can see it by running the following command "hpnetsvy" and use an ipconfig /all