New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with SPP for DL380 Gen9

SOLVED
Go to solution
Askahain
Advisor

Problem with SPP for DL380 Gen9

Hello,

i try to upgrade a DL380 G9 server with the last ssp i have found for the G9 (Version:2020.09.1) (P35935_001_spp-2020.09.1-SPP2020091.2021_0324.3.iso). I downloaded the .iso and create a usb stick.

I dont found a way to get it running.
I created the stick with the usb tool inside the spp.,with the usb tool i downloaded from HPE (cp029814.exe) and Rufus.
A stick that was created with the HPE usb tool boots up and give be a Grub prompt. A stick that was created with rufus boots to the selection screen (automatic/manual selection) if i choose a option (result is the same) after a short time the system gives the following output.
------------------------------
Starting initrd...
Warning !!! Unable to mount file system [cdrom]
Warning !!! Unable to mount file system
Preboot maintanance mode

/bin/ash: can't access tty: job controll turned off
#
-----------------------------
I downloaded the file two times on two different pc's and created the sticks on this pc's but the result is always the same.
Can somebody give me a tip what else i can do ?

11 REPLIES 11
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

You try using this version of USB Key Utilities For Windows and see if it works.

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Askahain
Advisor

Hello,

this is the version i used.

With kind regards

Askahain

Askahain
Advisor

Hello,

i tested it today with a other version of the spp P35936_001_gen10spp-2020.09.1-SPP2020091.2021_0324.1 (usb created with rufus and hpe usb tool) and try to generate a usb stick on a windows 7 pc with the hpe usb tool. The problems are exactly the same.

Askahain
Advisor

I have done a closer look to ther server an found an error message regarding the ilo.

333-HPE RESTful API Error - Unable to communicate with iLO FW. Bios configuration resources may not be up-to-date. Action: Reset iLO FW and reboot the server. If issue persists, AC power cycle the server.

I have reset the ilo to factory default (multiple times) power cycle the server (multiple times). One strange thing is that the ilo IP stays an the systemname on the iLO web loginpage also stays (i think this should be reseted on a factory reset). I removed all expansion cards, harddrives,... from the server. Also removed the cmos battery for a while but the errors are still the same.
On the iLO webpage i got the following message:
Connection with iLO cannot be established. If you recently made changes to the network configurations, you may need to refresh this page to re-negotiate an SSL connection.

Maybe this leads to the ssp problem .. any hints for this problem ?

With kind regards

Askahain

AxeLinux
Regular Visitor

Hi Askahain,

Did you follow these steps ?

Mount your ISO file, run as administrator HPE USB Key Utility software and choose "Creat a bootable USB key form CD/DVD". Now select the mounted ISO and the USB (max 32GB). And let it happen. Then boot on the USB key (F11).

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

NTFS won't work.

It is FAT32.

But the tools formats the stick anyway.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
AxeLinux
Regular Visitor

Yes for sure, HPE USB Key Utility format the USB to fat32 but some error can appears when the usb key is not format before in NTFS.

Askahain
Advisor

Hello,

in some of my trys the stick (32gb) was formated in ntfs before the usb tools formated the stick. Because i used the stick to transfer the iso image to an other pc and the only option to do this was ntfs (the iso file is larger than 9gb).

So answer is yes but this doesn't solve the problem.

Askahain
Advisor

Hello,

the main problem with the SPP ist still unsolved. I have an stick with an old version and managed to get it running.

It can update a few componets but not the Ilo. I will start a new thread for this maybe the Ilo problem results in the not running SSP.

I will update the post if it was the problem.