1753938 Members
9418 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Problem with an embeded SAS controller

YuriTeam

Problem with an embeded SAS controller

Hi,

we have a Proliant ML350 G5 with an E200i SAS controller thas does not works any more. We will install another SAS controller (using PCIe slots) but first of all we would stop the E200i, how can we do? It is possible?(We will not change the boot order, we will stop it...).

thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Sirajul haque
Frequent Advisor

If I am not wrong :)

Yes, you may find a PCI options in BIOS where you can enable and disable the PCI devices connected to the server. Though e200 is embedded, it will be listed as PCI device in BIOS. You can enable and disable it.

As per HP

PCI Devices option in BIOS::

The PCI Devices menu displays the configuration settings of the PCI devices installed in the server and
allows you to modify the IRQ. Multiple PCI devices can share an interrupt. To disable a device, select the device and press the Enter key. A menu is displayed with options to change the IRQ, as well as to disable the device

I have attached an image to show how to do it. Please check it :)

Here, you can see that How I am going to disable the embedded HP Smart Array 6i controller in BIOS. Likewise, you can also disable the E200 controller.

Tricksguide.com.jpg

Click Kudos button if I am able to solve it :)

Regards

SiRu

Though I work for HP, I do not represent HP here :)
Alex Geroulaitis
Respected Contributor

Click Kudos button if I am able to solve it :)

Gave you 1. :)

Yes, you may find a PCI options in BIOS where you can enable and disable the PCI devices connected to the server. Though e200 is embedded, it will be listed as PCI device in BIOS. You can enable and disable it.

According to my limited experience, this only enables or disables boot-time ROM option which basically prevents the controller from showing during boot, but keep it still active as a device - in other words, it will likely show in Windows Device Manager.  Not sure if there is an option to completely disable it.  However it should not interfere with an add-on controller if you simply do not connect any devices to it.

Systems Administrator
(if my post was helpful, please "mark as a solution" or give "kudos" - thanks)