1751712 Members
5864 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with compaq proliant 3000

Pedro Albuquerque
Frequent Advisor

It means you have a power supply disconected or damaged, and the other error means what it says in the message, cache battery low,m probably the machine was disconected for some time, what cause the cache battery to discharge.
Karthikeyan P
Advisor

Hello,
you are right.
The machine was disconnected for a long time.
when I restart it now, it displays the following errors:
Post error code 5Eh 1794 drive array - array accelerator battery charge low.

48h 177 configuration not complete.
controller order not setup

post error code b4h processor 1 failed.

After that the computer jus hanged.
when I restart the computerthe monitor seems blank and it does not show any events in the display and shows jus the usual advice.

should i change the power supply??
thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
Karthik

fred_69

Yes, swap out the PSU..it may be damaged or bad..Get everything up and running with a new PSU and then inspect the old one if you like.
FRED.
Dave_180
Valued Contributor

Well, it also says there is a failed Proc - that could cause a lack of video.

A power supply will also show failed if it is unplugged.

If you have one PS and you are getting information on the LCD - I'd say power isn't an issue. Does it have 2 power supplies.

It could be something as simple as running the System Config to clear all the other errors.

It really seems as though there are quite a few issues with this server. It could be something very simple that is causing it.
Karthikeyan P
Advisor

yes it has got tow power supplies.
I am new ot this place and I think this computer was off for about 5 months.
The errors that were documented are:

4/9: code 56h 1786 Drive array recovry needed.
4/9: code 57h 1787 Drive array operating in interim recovery mode.
4/9: code 59h drive is not responding

But I was able to onto the computer 2 weeks back and it showed hard disks as healthy and no errors about processors.

Anyways how could I make any configuration changes without anything showing on the monitor??
Start the computer with just one processor?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Karthik
Pedro Albuquerque
Frequent Advisor

Yes you should try to start the server with only one processor, don't forget that you must use a processor terminator on the processor that you will not use.
Pedro Albuquerque
Frequent Advisor

Yes you should try to start the server with only one processor, don't forget that you must use a processor terminator on the processor slot that you will not use.
Karthikeyan P
Advisor

All,
I changed the battery but still no improvement.
The server starts after some period of time
In disk administrator, all disks are shown to be healthy.

After say 30 or 45 minutes a blue screen appears and says

stop: *00000050( 0*fffefff8,0*00000000, 0*8046bcce, 0*00000000) page_fault _in _nonpaged_area
**** address 8046BCCE base at 8040000 Date stamp 3ad 77869-ntoskrnl.exe
Beginning dump of physical memory to disk.

the event log has all the events mentioned above and
Post error code 5Eh 1794 drive array - array accelerator battery charge low.
48h 177 configuration not complete.
controller order not setup
post error code b4h processor 1 failed.

Thak you for all your help.

Regards,
Karthik
Doug Eaton_1
Advisor

Karthik, You should not need to change the battery, the error message simply indicates that the rechargable batteries on the SmartArray controller need to charged before it will rely on them, that is to say the array accelerator will be disabled until the batteries have regained their full charge. This is a safety precaution, as the array accelerator will use it's random access memory to store data that needs to be written to the disk (the operating system is not aware of this fact), in the event of a power failure or crash, data would be lost if the batteries were dead, when this occurs and the system is restarted, you will see a message that says something like "valid data found in array accelerator cache..." at which time the data is commited to the array. Once the server has been left powered up for a day or so, you should notice the low battery condition message disappear on startup. If your event logs are showing a processor failing, that may account for your "blue screens", I'm not sure if processor 1 is the first or second processor, I thinks it's the first though, you could move processor 2 into that spot and replace processor 2 with a processor terminator module, if you don't have one, it might be cheaper to locate another processor module, just be sure they are identical. Note: Before replacing anything, it's always a good idea to simply reseat the processor(s), memory, pci cards, etc...

doug...