6368 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem with rebuilding a logical drive

Kelly Davey
Occasional Contributor

Problem with rebuilding a logical drive

Hi folks,

I have a DL380G2 with 6 internal 36 Gb 15k SCSI drives - there are two logical drives set up: the first a mirrored pair set up with a hot spare, and 3 remaining drives set up with RAID 5 - again using the same hotspare.
The drive in Slot 2 (part of the RAID 5 set) became degraded and after replacing it the logical drive rebuild started as per usual, but then reached 54% and stopped. The status shows as 'Waiting for rebuild'. After swapping out Slot 2 with another new drive, the same thing happened. After removing the drive in that slot 2 again and forcing the logical drive to rebuild on the hotspare (in slot 5), the same thing happened yet again.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be - I haven't come across this happening before.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Kel
5 REPLIES 5
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: Problem with rebuilding a logical drive

Hi Kel,
Pleae make sure the array accellerator is enbled on the controller.
Also, more than likely you have another drive that has failed.
If you run the Array Diagnostic Utility it should show you another failed drive. The only fix for this is to backup your data and rebuild the array.

Mark
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Kelly Davey
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mark

Array accelelator is indeed enabled and there is no problem with any of the other drives. Nothing that is visible either on the Compaq ACU, or in CIM.

I have rebooted since and swapped out the controller (5304) and again exactly the same problem - it stops at 54%.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks
Kel
Eric_76
Regular Advisor

hmmm is this server running SQL?? if so try disabeling it..
Kelly Davey
Occasional Contributor

Hi Eric,

It is a Lotus Domino database server and isn't running SQL.

Cheers
Kel
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Hi Kel,
Run the Array diagnostic Utility. This should shed some light as to why the array is not rebuilding.

Mark
We are here for a good time, not a long time!