1752679 Members
5611 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem with the W2K configuration.

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Problem with the W2K configuration.

We have 4 ML530 server, we follow two installation method for W2K, the first is manually configure the raid and then with the W2k Software CD we install the OS.
After the system restart we can see a lot of yellow icon in the device manager (2 display adapters + secondary IDE channel+PCI memory..) we have also a Remote Insight Lights Out edition (Slot 1) installed.
Another problem is that after we installed the support pack for W2K (last version April 12) another yellow icon appear in the Compaq Advanced System Management Controller, this error is very critical because when we have to restart the server or shut down the server it never power off and we have to manually press the power switch. Also we cannot manage the server with Insight Manager.

We tried with a lot of alternatives like another version of support pack, another way of installation with the smart start CD (4.90) first option (automatic hardware + assisted... + automatic software) and it didn't work.
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Problem with the W2K configuration.

I am having trouble installing Win2K on a ML530 + 5300 (as boot) config
Stop Error = 0X000000A5 acpi Bios not fully compatable
Have upg the Server Romapck to 4.07b + 5300 Rom to 1.74
Error remains
Anybody seen similar
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Friends ! I have not faced exactly similar problem but it may be BIOS related problem, just I heard from someone having the same problem & changing the BIOS solved it completely..... GOODLUCK.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

We have 2 x ML530 servers and when I try to install W2K Server I get the error message "The ACPI BIOS in this system is not fully compliant to the specification......."

The system BIOS is P19 ( 04/10/2001) which I believe is the latest version.

We continue with the installation by disabling the ACPI BIOS but I have read a number of Microsoft articles which warn against doing this as W2K server relies on this being enabled.

I re-installed the ROM Pac from SP17350.exe but th eproblem persists.

Can anyone, or Compaq, provide a solution to this ?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Received this error before. [ACPI BIOS not compliant] it turned out to be the fact that the RIB Card on that machine was installed in the wrong PCI slot !! Not sure which slot the ML530 supports for a RIB but if youve got one in your server I would verify its in the right slot. There's an online database for correct RIB card slot // machine info on compaq site somewhere...use RIB card links
BarryG@softco.com