1752815 Members
6299 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problems Configuring ILO

Abraham Bendayan
Occasional Advisor

Problems Configuring ILO

I have been going through and configuring ILO through windows using the hponcfg.exe utility and I have had no problems until today. I am trying to configure ILO on a DL380 G5 and I repeatedly get the following error in output.txt: "Firmware flash is in progress. Please wait for a while."

I am using the most current hponcfg.exe file (1.51) I do not know what version of ILO firmware is loaded as I do not have access to the ILO on the box and all hponcfg commands give the same error above. The other G5's I was configuring were all 1.26 on the ILO firmware and these servers were all bought together. The other G5's did not give this error when I configured them. I even tried downloading the previous hponcfg.exe (1.41) and I still get the same error.

Thanks.

AB
8 REPLIES 8
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hello Abraham,

The latest version appears to be version 1.8.0.1 which can be found here. Please try this and check if it resolves your problem.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121516&swItem=MTX-ea306043175c40bcb35952a862&prodNameId=3288134&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=5

Regards,

Brian
Abraham Bendayan
Occasional Advisor

Brian,

I downloaded the new version and still got the same error. Is there a way to reset the ILO card from the hponcfg.exe utility? I do not want to reset the server, only the card. I don't see a script in the sample scripts to do this but I may have missed it. I was wondering if a reboot of the card would clear the issue. This card has never been configured and we've never issued a firmware upgrade of it so not sure why it is in this state.

Thanks.

AB
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

you don't need to reset the server to reset ilo, go to System Status Tab - Diagnostic - Reset that will reset ilo or you can reflash your ilo firmware to to reinitialize that "firmware ilo in progress"

or you can run this script

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Abraham Bendayan
Occasional Advisor

Greetings,

When I try to run the Reset_RIB script, I get the same error in the output.txt file: "Firmware flash is in progress. Please wait for a while." This is the problem I am having, I am unable to issue any commands to the ILO card from HPONCFG.exe that it will respond to. Any ideas?

AB
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Abraham Bendayan
Occasional Advisor

OK thanks. So I go back to my original question, I need to reboot the server to do this because I am unable to issue any commands via HPONCFG.exe without getting that previous error. If there is no way to force the card to reset then I have to reboot and go into the ILO configuration to make changes, correct?

AB
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

so my question is

don't you have ilo web browser? so you can update firmware using ilo web interface? well If i see above I think no...

if so the only way is flashing ilo using offline firmware or remove power cable for 3 - 4 minutes.

but there is a way to do it online using SSH
I used putty to reset my ilo

you log in ilo and in the command line
use:

reset /map1

and it's done I hope that will take your ilo out that cycle

regards
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

by the way it looks like command hangs just wait for 90 secs and try again your scripts

regards