1753876 Members
7376 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problems at Windows NT4.0 Server installation

Patrick Eckstein

Problems at Windows NT4.0 Server installation

Hello,

purchased a new ML330 G2 for my company i have to install Windows NT4.0 Server (english) onto the machine. The Installation progress with SmartStart6.20 is just fine until there??s a break of the installation-process while initialize the basic nt drivers at the beginning of the hard-disk based nt-installation. Suddenly a message called:

The entry in the unattended file: "ATAPI 1.2/IDE Controller" does not exist in SCSI section of the INF File TXTSETUP.SIF

appears.

As my company is a german company we have both version...the german and the english Windows NT4.0 Server CD.

The strange thing is calling the Install trough SmartStart6.20 with the german WindowsNT Server CD works fine.

Any hints or informations will be helpful.

Thanks

PATRICK
3 REPLIES 3
Pat Flanagan
Honored Contributor

Re: Problems at Windows NT4.0 Server installation

Patrick,

I'm not sure this will be much help, but we had exactly the same issue when we tried installing NT4 Server. In our case, our tech felt that it was because our NT install CD was SP1, and of course, you can't get to SP6a until NT's installed. I don't know if NT is an absolute requirement for you or not. If not, we resolved the problem by going to 2K Server. Installed just fine, and now that I have some experience with running it day-to-day, I like it much better, although I do miss the simplicity of NT Server sometimes.
Good luck,
Patrick
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Is the same OS specified in the Rom Based Setup, Smart Start CD, and the NT4 CD?
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Sorry, the last post should say language, instead of OS.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..