1752866 Members
4256 Online
108791 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Problems loading RedHat Enterprise on DL320 G6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problems loading RedHat Enterprise on DL320 G6

We recently obtained a DL320 G6 with the HP Smart Array B110i SATA RAID controller and four 1TB drives. I have set up the RAID controller and boot order in BIOS as well as set up the logical drive to include all four drives in a RAID 1+0 config.

I am trying to load the latest version of RHEL 5.5, but it won't recognize the RAID config. It shows all four drives separately when asking where to load the OS.

I have tried to download the latest driver from HP for this controller, and put the RPM file on a USB flash drive. I am not sure if RH is actually loading it though. I go to options and run the linux dd, it asks me if I have a driver disk, I say yes, it sees the RPM file on the flash drive, but it fails when trying to load the file from the flash drive.

Any ideas? Or am I missing something in my confusion?
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Problems loading RedHat Enterprise on DL320 G6

This issue is resolved. I'm new to Linux so therefore was confused. I was using an RPM file to try to load the driver during boot. I was able to download and use a diskette image to copy just the dd (device driver) file to the USB drive. The load works good now.