ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752771 Members
5279 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problems with Hp ProLiant dl320 G3 (Smart Start)

cmax

Problems with Hp ProLiant dl320 G3 (Smart Start)

Hi, I'm relatively new to servers. I've recently encontered an issues with an Hp ProLiant dl320 g3. This server needs to be re imaged with Windows Server 2008 R2. I've attemped to use Hp Smart Start V6.30 and V7.00 and each time I boot into them I get a blank screen. It's white, but there are words and such there. I can use my mose to highlight the words on the loading screen. Once it loads it askes you to select your language, but the screen is still white and I have to use my mose to highlight the words to read them. Once I select the language, there's no next button and I get stuck. Any sugguestions? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Problems with Hp ProLiant dl320 G3 (Smart Start)

I think SmartStart 8.60 was the last available version for that system.  That server was retired in June of 2006.  If your using the emebedded SATA raid controller, I doubt there is a driver for Wndows 2008 as I think only 2000 and 2003 were supported on that server.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Fritsch James
Frequent Advisor

Re: Problems with Hp ProLiant dl320 G3 (Smart Start)

On this kind of machine I would try Smart Start 8.30 x86 - any newer version is likely to fail. Windows Server 2008 is also not supported on this server - it is for some G4 machines, also DL365/385 G1. You can get this kind of server for a very low price on the used market - today I would rather suggest a G6 or newer model. (Especially because of energy-efficiency and SCSI hard drives which are not produced anymore)