ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752569 Members
4914 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Problems with Proliant DL560 Gen 8

SomeRandomName

Problems with Proliant DL560 Gen 8

We recently recieved 8 of the above listed servers. 5 of them appear to be running normally while three of them are unexpectedly shutting themselves down. The following IML is generated just before this happens.

System Power Fault Detected. System has enabled power protection and disabled power supplies. I couldn't find much information on this entry. We've been unable to get these three servers into production for the past 4 weeks because of this.

Anyone run into this before? We've replaced the PSU's, the power backplanes, rebuilt the servers to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any help you can lend.

31 REPLIES 31
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Problems with Proliant DL560 Gen 8

Hi,

You may try two things in this case:

1.  Clear NVRAM from System Board switch.

2.  Update System BIOS (Refer to this article).

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=c03612934

If issue persist, better elevate to HP.

Thank You!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

THJ

Hi,
similar error here, although on a DL380 Gen8. I wonder how you solved this issue.
Best regards
Thomas
JoeHHH

Hello. I encounetred with same problem like but on DL-360P gen8 server

vancec

Re: Problems with Proliant DL560 Gen 8 also DL360p Gen8

On 110 brand new DL360p Gen8 systems we have had the issue on at least 4 machines.   One machine errored out even after changng MLB.

Vance

anthony11
Regular Advisor

Re: Problems with Proliant DL560 Gen 8 also DL360p Gen8

The referenced article re BIOS updates was my first thought.
SolarPower
Occasional Visitor

We just experienced the same today. HP Proliant DL560 Gen8. Purchased the server 2 months back. Anyone aware or found a solution?

Intergrated Management Log - System Power Fault Detected. System Has Enabled Power Protection and Disabled Power Supplies (XR: 14 00 MID: FF 0D F0 CC C0 FF FF 0A 0A 0C 0C 00 9C 00 04 01 03 47 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00)

anthony11
Regular Advisor

Is your firmware up to date?

JonathanTN

This past weekend we experienced this error on two DL360P Gen8 servers.  One went offline Friday and another went offline Sunday with the power fault message.  A technician had to replace the motherboard in both units.  In the first server it killed two 8GB memory modules.  In the second server it killed one of the two CPUs.  Fortunately we had some extra memory on site for the first server.  For the second server we pulled the one CPU and shifted all the RAM to the second CPU.  Waiting for the replacement CPU.

MackanNYC

I'm Getting BIOS/Hardware Health - Failed on my system

We have now had the HP tech on site, and he has replaced the power supplies, backplane, and he discovered a Frayed Cable inside the system, so it's back up for now, but just temporarily due to he didn't have the correct spare parts so it's on back order from HP. I'm investigating if this is a know issue with HP right now. 

The server was completely down, not possible to turn it on. Flashing Amber light on the server, and the powersupplies was powered up with the green light as they should.

But I could connect to the iLO interface, so some kind of power was supplied to the iLO.  But still impossible to turn the machine on.

Tried to swap the Bios with the previous version. Still didnt work. Keep you posted when I get more info.

//Mackan