1753773 Members
5524 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Problems with Proliant Support Pack 6.40a

Michael Ward_2
Occasional Advisor

Problems with Proliant Support Pack 6.40a

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has been experiencing similar problems with the latest Proliant Support Pack, ver 6.40a.

After installing the support pack, I reboot as required. After the reboot, the server doesn't come back online. If I look at the server ipconfig /all, I see that my enet address is 00:00:00:00:00:00, and obviously the server hasn't been able to DHCP. This comes right after rebooting the server.

Anyone else experienced this? The same has occured on five out of five servers I have installed the support pack on so far. Four DL380 G3s, one DL320. This is obviously a major problem if installing the support pack on remote servers that don't have ILOs (or anyone handy to reboot the server the second time)!.

The second problem is with the 'Version control Repository Manager' - I can't seem to get it to recognise Support Pack 6.40a. I have manually copied it into the repository directory, rescanned, but it never picks it up. If I try a single component from support pack 6.30a, the repository manager picks it up straight away, but it won't pick up a single component from version 6.40a.

Any thoughts/comments?
1 REPLY 1
Michael Ward_2
Occasional Advisor

Re: Problems with Proliant Support Pack 6.40a

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I figured out the answer to my second problem. I was running ver 1 of the VCRM, didn't realise there was a newer version until I read about it in another post!

Updating to the new version fixed my problem - Support Pack 6.40a is now recognised. Another bonus - the new VCRM supports automatic updating... no more need to worry about using ActiveUpdate!