3943 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Problems with a Array Controler SMART-2/P and SCSI hard disks ST32550W

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Problems with a Array Controler SMART-2/P and SCSI hard disks ST32550W

Hello,
I have a problem with a Array Controller SMART-2/P and SCSI hard disks ST32550W.

This array and disks was in a Prosignia 200 and they work properly, but I have to pass to a server Prosignia 500, and I have problems...

The BIOS detect the controller, the message is that Detecting SMART-2/P...1 Logical Drive found...
The BIOS also detect the CD-ROM and the tape, but when try to load a SO, I have to waiting until 10 minutes, and no detect the disks.
I has erased the configuration with the utility to erase, re configure the server, re configured the array and is the same thing....

I down load the Options ROMPaq (Full Release, Legacy support), I make the five disks... I update the SMART-2/P without problem, but,if insert the 3rth disk (because in this disk came the drivers for the disks ST32550W), start the server, detect the array controller, the CD-ROM, the tape, appears the message "Starting MS-DOS...." wait until 10 minutes, appears a message from HIMEM and the last message is something like "ROMPaq detect the drivers, please wait..." and this is all...
let the machine all night and to the morning, is the same message, don't do it nothing....

Somebody knows what is the problem?

I be grateful if you makes me know the solution...

Thanks a lot...

Ren? Armenta
M?xico
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Problems with a Array Controler SMART-2/P and SCSI hard disks ST32550W

Have you tried updating the SYSTEM's firmware?

Prosignia 500 ROMPaq

Also, do you know if all of those drives are actually spinning up (i.e. check all connections/cables)?