1751741 Members
5877 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problems with memory

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Problems with memory

Problem with DL-580 regarding memory , system boots fine with 512 mb of supplied unbranded memory and boots in all 16 slots. However adding another 512MB of Samsung branded server Dims system does not boot. Having decomisioned an exchange server I took 4 I 128mb Siemen dim modules and system booted with 1gb memory but halted on TN with Blue screen and Memory /Parity error.
System Boots fine straight to logon with supplied unbranded memory but will not work with 2 different brands of working memory together. I need 1 GB of memory for server so any ideas would be greatly recieved.

Cheers
2 REPLIES 2
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: Problems with memory

it is not recommended to use third party ram in our systems as they are untested with it and any hardware problems caused by it would not be covered under warranty..if the compaq ram works fine and when you add the third party ram it doesnt then I would suggest getting some more compaq ram.
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Problems with memory

I am having the same problem and I have compaq branded memory, as this is an old posting has this been resolved in any way???

Cheers
Anthony