1752329 Members
5529 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Product KEY Windows2012 R2 Original NOT Valid

ADOSInformatica
Occasional Visitor

Product KEY Windows2012 R2 Original NOT Valid

Hello  I have a HP Proliant DL20 Gen9  and his ORIGINAL DVD WINDOWS 2012 R2 Foundation ROK, for HP Proliant Servers, i had to reinstall de O.S. but now then license key doesnt run on the same machine. What can i do? thanks

2 REPLIES 2
AmRa
HPE Pro

Make sure the product you are trying to activate is the same product as what is listed on the COA label. If the product being activated is the same as what is on the COA label, then follow the following steps to manually inject the product key and proceed through the activation process again.
Note
Internet connection is recommended.
1. Either use the run selection from the start programs menu or open a command window.
2. type: slmgr.vbs /ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX (the 5x5 product key from the COA label attached to the server or the downgrade product key that came with the downgrade if using a downgraded OS).
3. It will take the OS up to 30 seconds to respond, saying that the product key was successfully inserted.
4. Then go through the activation process again and choose Activate. No need to click Type a different product key, as it was already manually injected in the previous steps.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
mysy
Valued Contributor

the license only for OEM version WIN 2012 Fon version, not for retail or standard version .

Also you need use win 2012 R2 fon oem version iso image or package to install.