Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Numbers

CompDude
Occasional Contributor

Product Numbers

Hi,

I have several servers and printers that have 10 digit serial numbers, so when I try to do a warranty check it requires a product number, how do I find this number?

Thank You
4 REPLIES
Louis Henninger_1
Regular Advisor

Re: Product Numbers

Generally the product number is located on a bar code label for servers. This is in the HP 6-3 numbering sequence (ie: 405389-001).
Printer numbers are usually on the rear of the printer and starts with a letter (Q or C, etc.) If these products are for home use you may not be able to verify warranty even if you have the correct product numbers to go with the serial numbers.

Good Luck,

Louis
CompDude
Occasional Contributor

There isn't a page where I could look them up based on the serial number or something is there. We have a lot of printers corporation wide that the warranty information has been misplaced on so going to each printer is quite the task.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi CompDude,

Try this one.....

http://h50001.www5.hp.com/ewc/EntResultRouter

Enter your Country and Entitlement Option (choose All) then just click the "Get Entitlement" button at the bottom.

You don't need the Product Number. The result should provide you with the Product Number which you can then use on other sites if you need more information.

I hope this helps.

Brian
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Sorry - I forgot to add that you do need to enter the serial number but that's all.

Regards,

Brian