ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753539 Members
4977 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Prolaiant 800 and adding a mirror'd volume set

Rob Mottram

Prolaiant 800 and adding a mirror'd volume set

I currently have two volumes C: and M: both are mirrored using dirves 0 and 1. Both of which are at 13 and 14 % free space. I am wanting to add 2 more scsi3 69 pin drives. Then i will want to mirror a volume and then moving my M: volume over to the new mirror, remove the M: volume, then reallocate space gained from removing the M: volumeto the C: volume. Onc complete I will need to rename the new volume to M: Short of pulling a rabbit out of my hat does anyone have any suggestions on documentation to pull this off. I am a UNIX guy by Nature and I am currently using NT4 with SP6 on this bugger.
Nothing is ever done until it is done completely.
3 REPLIES 3
Frank Kaufman
Honored Contributor

You can easily do all that using the Disk Administrator. It will even show you a graphics picture of what you have configured.

Help function will give you more information.
Rob Mottram

Thank You, I have gone through all the help, I am even at the part where the othe 2 HD's are installed partitioned NTFS and formatted. But still can not seem to get the system to allow me to establish a mirror on them. Any suggestion, help does not give you much details just a quick over view of the situation.
Nothing is ever done until it is done completely.
Frank Kaufman
Honored Contributor

Look in help for "stripe set", the Microsoft ligo for mirrored drives. You establish the pair by holding down the control key when you click on the drive you want to add to the set.