cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prolaint 3000 Dual PII 333

Theron Smith
Advisor

Prolaint 3000 Dual PII 333

I a set of proliants 3000 PII 333 and wnated to know what can I max this system out at? The processors are all on cards and the ram has card slot as well as onbaord banks. I want ot top these systems off what is the best I can do?

Thanks
IT2
2 REPLIES
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Re: Prolaint 3000 Dual PII 333

Theron:

I have attached a copy of the HP Product Bulletin for the Proliant 3000. It shows only Pentium II 400 and 450 MHz processors???
Are you sure the processor is "on a card"? The Pentium II processor was a Slot 1 processor and it's pretty massive. If it's truly on a card, then you'd have to determine if the card will support a faster CPU. If it's not on a card, then you may be able to upgrade to a 450 MHz CPU and that's probably the maximum. The Pentium III version went up to 600 MHz.

Hopefully someone more familiar with the product will reply since I don't know how to explain the apparent processor discrepancy.

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Re: Prolaint 3000 Dual PII 333

Theron,
If you have Proliant 3000 with Pentium 333 CPU - it means you have first generation of Proliant 3000 and Pentium 333 CPU is max for this server.
See this thread for more informationhttp://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=61709