1748051 Members
4977 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Prolaint 6400R

FRED JEWELL JR
Occasional Advisor

Prolaint 6400R

Using a RIB card for remote access, problem is on boot error message 304 keyboard. Only way to clear error is to connect a keyboard to the keyboard T connection RIB cable. I have tried clearing CMOS, Flashed BIOS and updated Firmware and changed RIB and RIB cable. Reset sever with maintence mode SW, booted up without error but error returned with second boot up. Does anyone know of a fix, not all of my 6400R are having this problem with this keyboard error.
3 REPLIES 3
Bob Compono
Occasional Advisor

As I recall you go into the hardware setting and tell it you want a "hot swappable" keyboard set up. Then it shouldn't care if a keyboard is connected or not.
FRED JEWELL JR
Occasional Advisor

We need the keyboard to work thru the RIB cable connection. If it only disables the keyboard error that's not going to work when we try to access the server thru the RIB connection.
Dave_180
Valued Contributor

Also, in the Sys Config...

When prompted - hit F10.
Hit Enter
Hit Ctrl A - this will enable Advanced Mode
Highlight System Config
Arrow down to Review & Modify Settings
About half way down the page - there is a setting to stop on F1 (I don't remember the exact message).

The advanced mode offers a lot of different choices you should find entertaining to play with. The stopping on F1 prompt I think will probably suit you best.