Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prolian ML350server restarts automatically

R.PGorai
Occasional Contributor

Prolian ML350server restarts automatically

Hi
I have a proliant ML350 server,which runs continuously (24*7). From Past few time say 6 months it reboots automatically. moreover some times a blue screen comes by default while running and a msg comes "FATAL ERROR CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR' with some PID no and information and after hard reste it starts normally

Is this the S/w Fault or H/w Fault ?

Plz guide.

Regards
RPG
4 REPLIES
Micablue
Advisor

Re: Prolian ML350server restarts automatically

I will say mostly hardware issue. How's the enviroment for the server? Does it in a server room with proper temp and clean? When does the server reboots? During the loading to the OS?

You may want to troubleshoot with minimum configuration on the server (least CPU, least Memory, take out all PCI cards, take out all drives, etc.) If they won't solve the issue, then you may consider it could be the system board itself.
EVA_9
Occasional Visitor

Hi
I have a similar problem with a ML350 G5 that is running W2K3. Initially, this server was in a very warm room when the re-starting problem started. I replaced the system board and power supply and relocated it into a room with room temparature of 24-25 degrees centigrade. The server still restarts even 3 times a week when we put it in production.
Guys, any suggestions on a what to check on?

Regards,

Eva
Micablue
Advisor

Have you check your fans, heatsinks inside the server? Not sure what was the condition of your previous room like, but your fans/heatsink might be clogged up with dust, dirt and even suffocated.
EVA_9
Occasional Visitor

thanks, i will check on the fans/sink this afternnon, and let you know what i find out.