cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant 1600 Foundation Agents problem

Ryan Dassow
Occasional Visitor

Proliant 1600 Foundation Agents problem

I recently updated the network, storage, and foundation agents (updated to version 6.10.0.0) on a Proliant 1600 server running Windows 4.0 Server SP6a. Whenever the server is rebooted, I now get an Event ID 4612 in the event log and would like to hear any ideas on how I could resolve it. Here are the details:

Source: Foundation Agents
Event ID: 4612
Description:
Component: Compaq OS Information Agent
Error: Could not write the registry sub-key:
"Timeout"
Cause: This error can be caused by a corrupt
registry or a low memory condition. Rebooting the server may correct this error.

Needless to say when you reboot the server it doesn't correct the error. I considered uninstalling and reinstalling the foundation agents but I think this may be a little drastic and am afraid of any ill consequences of uninstalling the foundation agents.

I have researched this event ID on the internet and have found no mention of this event. Any ideas guys?

thanks-
ryan

2 REPLIES
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: Proliant 1600 Foundation Agents problem

Hi Ryan,
I did some research and have found a solution. It seems this error is caused by the 6.1 Agents. Please uninstall and reinstall with version 6.0. This should resolve your issue.

Mark
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Schueler
Advisor

Re: Proliant 1600 Foundation Agents problem

Hi!

I had the same problem on some Servers and resolved (found a workaround) for the problem.
The error seems to come from a new agent "Performance Monitor". If you disable the agent, the Foundation Agents start without the event-id!

Greetz