1752329 Members
5599 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant 1600 Integrated Network Controller

Nicholas Boyce_1
Occasional Advisor

Proliant 1600 Integrated Network Controller

The integrated network controller has an RJ45 connection and an AUI connection. We have previously been using the AUI connection, via a Lantronix transceiver, to enable connection to our old BNC 10base2 10MB network cabling. Now our cabling is finally upgraded, we wish to utilise the 100MB RJ45 connection, but after removing the transceiver, and patching in to the RJ45 simply does not work, and yet the corresponding '100TX' led is illuminated adjacent to the RJ45 connection. Does anyone know how to enable the 100MB RJ45 connection please; is there a dip switch, bios setting, or something similar I am missing? I have trawled through system documentation to no avail. Any advice would be much appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant 1600 Integrated Network Controller

Nicholas,

Here is how to fix it in NT4 (Assuming that Compaq drivers are loaded and teaming driver is present in taskbar).

1)Start-Settings-Control Panel-Network
2)Select the Adapters Tab at the top
3)Select the controller you are trying to modify (Netelligent 10/100TX Embedded).
4)Click Properties. The Tlan teaming utility properties will appear (Teaming driver).
5) Select the same controller in this window and click Properties again.
6)Change the CONNECTOR setting from AUI/BNC to UTP and click OK.

If the teaming driver isn't loaded I'll assume that NT4's native driver configuration can let you change this setting too.

This should work OK.

Hope this helps

Brian

Nicholas Boyce_1
Occasional Advisor

Brian,

Thank you very much for your answer. It is frustrating for me, because I am certain your advice would resolve the issue, but I omitted to mention that we are using a Unix operating system, SCO Openserver 5.

Hopefully someone else may reply, who also use Sco Openserver.

Thank you again,

Nicholas
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Nicholas,

It should still be possible to have the value set in the Compaq driver for Sco.

It will most likely be a similar setup in the SCO NIC driver side to do the same as the NT4 example I gave.

If I can find out how this is done I'll post it here.

Regards,

Brian
Nicholas Boyce_1
Occasional Advisor

Brian,

Thank you again - any more information would be useful.

From my own investigations via SCO's web site, I have discovered the ability to edit the '.info' file in '/var/opt/K/CPQ/efs/5.14a/cntl/packages/CUCNET/config', where a I found not only the line 'media-speed 0 10mbps', but also 'media-connection 0 aui'. Having changed these settings to '100mbps' and 'utp' respectively, there has still been no change. I am wondering if there is another file, or somewhere else that the media connector type is toggled between AUI and UTP?

Nicholas
Nicholas Boyce_1
Occasional Advisor

To Brian, and anyone else who may have endeavoured to help me with this one,

I have resolved it, we now have our integreated network controller workiing via the RJ-45 UTP connector, at 100MB!

It really did come down to editing the '.info' file (in the directory mentioned in my last reply of 4th Dec 13:57), and addinig the line 'media-speed 0 100 mbps', and 'media-connector 0 utp'.

The only thing I had not done was reboot.

Thanks again to all,

Nicholas